View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
Why don't you think the Scangauge works well on our cars? I use one and it seems to work in my civic. As long as it's not the lean-burn HX it works well.
I guess I was mistaken. When I was looking into a gauge a few months ago, I went first to the ScanGauge site, and I thought it said my 98 DX was not compatible, so I bought the UG. That said, I have not gotten accurate readings on MPG from the UG yet--if accurate means correspondence to my odo/miles/pump calculations. Right now I am not yet sure if it is a calibration problem or due to other mechanical and pump variation factors that have lately bugged me a little. A question: MPGuino can be run at the same time as a UG, I think, right? The guino does not plug into the OBD port, no? Would it be advisable to run both, or should I just keep trying to calibrate the UG.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.