View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #367 (permalink)
3-Wheeler
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenavy85 View Post
Jim,
Looking through all the pages of this thread(whew!!) I noticed you don't have any pictures of your Alien at night with all the running lights on. I'm really curious how all those LED's look, as well as how it all looks from the side when lit up.
Hey, that's a good idea. It's rainy today, and will be for several more, but I'll try to get some pictures at dusk with the lights on when it's dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenavy85 View Post
...as far as dealing with heavy cross winds, have you considered VG's on the front belly pan?
The car seems very stable in side winds up to 50 mph so far. The biggest thing I have noticed in those conditions, is that the front end still pushes, or understeers.

I'm not sure, but my hunch is that small section VG's would not help much in that condition to make the steering more neutral. For that to happen they would have to make the front end more slippery to the effects of side winds, and allow the tail to be pushed sideways by the same winds, to make the steering more neutral on windy days.

Now it is possible that a large tail fin would accomplish that, but would also impose large side-load forces on the fin and require more weight added for extra strength in that area.

Jim.