View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 01:07 AM   #48 (permalink)
Floordford
Muscle Car Modder

QuikSilver - '00 Ford Mustang GT
90 day: 24.7 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Without a very careful process, how could you possibly know if it was the tuning or the hho? Without knowing how he measured the gains how do you know it is accurate?
What "careful tuning" are you referring to.

I think it is complete horse crap to hide behind "everyone else did it wrong" personally, You don't really know squat about it. What is the theory? How much will it improve mpg? What tunings are required and how have those variables been isolated?

If you can't say what the exact process is and how others should be able to repeat the experiment then I say you are full of crap when it comes to saying that everyone else did it wrong.
It was on a bone stock Sentra so the only difference was the adjustments her made to his design. He used a Scanguage2 over several months. So yes I DO know how he measures his gains.

Tell me, how much do I know about electrolysis?

"How much will it improve MPG?" You are just wanting to argue at this point. Obviously it will be different for different cars and their owners driving styles.

The tuning I speak of is the design of the hydrogen cell. Different water mixes and additives will net different results. Also the maintenance and materials used will effect performance.

Its easy to say others did it wrong when so many are trying these for the first time with the idea that it wont work. Low and behold it didn't work because they are seeking to get the results they wanted. You can also take a new 2011 car that advertises 32 city MPG and only get 27-28MPG. Thats not uncommon.

This is a trial and error testing kind of project. Ill agree that there are scammers out there selling garbage plans and big promises.