View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 06:30 AM   #50 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floordford View Post
It was on a bone stock Sentra so the only difference was the adjustments her made to his design. He used a Scanguage2 over several months. So yes I DO know how he measures his gains.
There are MANY problems with that statement right there.... How much percentage increase did he see? And what month did he start, and finish, his test? And what did he use for a control?

Do you know why I ask these questions?

Quote:
Tell me, how much do I know about electrolysis?
I know you believe hho works.

Quote:
"How much will it improve MPG?" You are just wanting to argue at this point. Obviously it will be different for different cars and their owners driving styles.
No, I want to see some science, not wishful thinking. You say it does something to improve mpg, apparently without doing anything else to the car or driver. You have not provided ANY evidence to support your belief. What specifically do you think it does and what is the energy balance? Do the math/chemistry/thermodynamic analysis, show all work, let others review it. Right now you have a unicorn, with no supporting evidence except that your friend told you he saw a unicorn once.

Quote:
The tuning I speak of is the design of the hydrogen cell. Different water mixes and additives will net different results. Also the maintenance and materials used will effect performance.
What about the tuning your friend with the sentra speaks of?

Quote:
Its easy to say others did it wrong when so many are trying these for the first time with the idea that it wont work.
This is disingenuous, you don't know anything about everyone who has debunked hho. Newsflash, most things/ideas don't work (hence 99% perspiration). There are infinitely more bad ideas then good ones. Nothing is expected to work until it actually works. What is far more dangerous is wishful thinking, and squinting your eyes at the results convincing yourself that something actually worked, when it didn't.

Quote:
Low and behold it didn't work because they are seeking to get the results they wanted. You can also take a new 2011 car that advertises 32 city MPG and only get 27-28MPG. Thats not uncommon.
You are using your faith in HHO to accuse a lot of people (some of whom I know) of gross incompetence. Meanwhile you don't have any specifics or theory to explain your faith in the first place, nor have you demonstrated very high testing standards yourself.

Quote:
This is a trial and error testing kind of project.
You need to get good at testing then, and have a repeatable methodology and some idea of how accurate your method of measuring is, and a control.

Quote:
Ill agree that there are scammers out there selling garbage plans and big promises.
That would be 100% of people selling anything related to HHO at this point.

Don't believe every random post you read on the internet FF, especially ridiculous claims. And especially don't go calling those claims science.

Last edited by dcb; 05-26-2011 at 06:48 AM..