View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #114 (permalink)
watercat
EcoModding Lurker

The green machine - '94 Geo Metro
I'll post some specs later today its a 1994 geo metro liter but is not stock at all any more. my turning point on fuel economy seems to be taller tires and ignition timing. i have to say i am actually having to start over on the ignition timing and i can see i need to re learn new shift points with the taller tires to stop the ping. i have purposely been not trying to drive any different than the normal geo owner out there. Or at least any different than i normally drive. The big difference here on this trip and i wont know tell i take my next trip is that is was some of my best mpg and it occurred in the mountains at almost wide open throttle for hours at a time. the distance was 197 miles on this fill up. i shot a quick video with my flip phone. what didn't show was the car was totally packed down with people and gear. I was pretty excited we had talk about trying to get at least 25mpg on the way back and driving as fast as we could. I apologize for the music in advance i had to college girls in control of the stereo remote for the trip.