Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 01:40 AM   #111 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The green machine - '94 Geo Metro
So I made the run to Montana and back. Over it was two of us in the car with luggage and back it was 3 of us. when we rolled through Spokane and topped it off 46mpg and then 48 mpg. I have a trip on the west coats coming up that wont take me through the mountain pass and will get to see what it gets when it is in 5 gear all the time with just me in it. I can feel hi 50's with these new tires. after that test run i am going to try one of those cams that gives full torque from just over idle. I was one gallon short of making it from my house to missoula at 529 miles. I need a trip to Nebraska to really test it where its level.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-26-2011, 02:11 AM   #112 (permalink)
Pishtaco

Mean Green Toaster Machine - '06 Scion xB
Team Toyota
90 day: 48.92 mpg (US)
^^^ Do we have to search all your posts to see what kind of car you're driving? What pressure was in your tires? How does your 46/48 mpg trip compare to your normal mpg? What did you do differently this trip?

Boycotting Exxon since 1989, BP since 2010
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Mean Green Toaster Machine
49.5 mpg avg over 53,000 miles. 176% of '08 EPA
Best flat drive 94.5 mpg for 10.1 mi
Longest tank 1033 km (642 mi) on 10.56 gal = 60.8 mpg
Old 05-26-2011, 02:48 AM   #113 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Tahoe - '95 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
90 day: 13.22 mpg (US)

SRX - '04 Cadillac SRX AWD

XL - '05 Harley Davidson Sportster XL
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)

Alero - '02 Oldsmobile Alero GLS

Corvette - '75 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
I stopped posting in this thread because no matter what one person says 3 will try tell you that you are wrong no matter what you say. The argumentative nature of some is plain annoying. It takes the knowledge that we can be collectively sharing and destroys any positive gains that we could have from the discussion.

Just because you get the last word in doesn't make you correct. Remember why you opened the thread and the point of the topic and try and put a new idea or perspective on it that can be discussed in an adult like manner.

I am just waiting to hear the immature comments I get for posting this.
1975 Corvette Stingray *active*
1994 Camaro Z28 Convertible 149k *Sold 2013*
1998 Blazer ZR2 189k *Sold 2012*
1995 Tahoe LT 250k *Sold 2011*

Old 05-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #114 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The green machine - '94 Geo Metro
I'll post some specs later today its a 1994 geo metro liter but is not stock at all any more. my turning point on fuel economy seems to be taller tires and ignition timing. i have to say i am actually having to start over on the ignition timing and i can see i need to re learn new shift points with the taller tires to stop the ping. i have purposely been not trying to drive any different than the normal geo owner out there. Or at least any different than i normally drive. The big difference here on this trip and i wont know tell i take my next trip is that is was some of my best mpg and it occurred in the mountains at almost wide open throttle for hours at a time. the distance was 197 miles on this fill up. i shot a quick video with my flip phone. what didn't show was the car was totally packed down with people and gear. I was pretty excited we had talk about trying to get at least 25mpg on the way back and driving as fast as we could. I apologize for the music in advance i had to college girls in control of the stereo remote for the trip.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #115 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRABill View Post
I stopped posting in this thread because no matter what one person says 3 will try tell you that you are wrong no matter what you say. The argumentative nature of some is plain annoying. It takes the knowledge that we can be collectively sharing and destroys any positive gains that we could have from the discussion.

Just because you get the last word in doesn't make you correct. Remember why you opened the thread and the point of the topic and try and put a new idea or perspective on it that can be discussed in an adult like manner.

I am just waiting to hear the immature comments I get for posting this.
Now where is that baby picture link?

Old 05-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #116 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Now where is that baby picture link?

you at least need to add something to the actual topic and then make the sny remarks....

Like:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Nitrogen yet?

Flatten your tires fill em' with Nitrogen to a Gazillion PSI and they will stay steady because nitrogen does not expand with heat like o2 does so no increase of pressure on a hot tire.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #117 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Quote:
you at least need to add something to the actual topic and then make the sny remarks....

Like:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Nitrogen yet?

Flatten your tires fill em' with Nitrogen to a Gazillion PSI and they will stay steady because nitrogen does not expand with heat like o2 does so no increase of pressure on a hot tire.
Your memory is failing you then, I have made many posts in this thread, useful too, if I may say so myself. And what's wrong with pointing out your whining? I get enough of it from my kids to know it when I read it.

And what is this nonsense about N2? Air is already 78% nitrogen, are you saying 100% nitrogen does not obey the ideal gas law? Oh, you are trying to take the thread off topic, never mind.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #118 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

UFO Making an observation is not whining

Using Nitrogen instead of air in your tires is on topic if you pay attention. Seen as you rather be confrontational instead of doing a simple search here is a site with a video from Jay Leno to explain the benefits of using nitrogen in your tires and how it can save you fuel.

Nitrogen in Tires : Information about Nitrogen Tire Inflation News, Benefits, Generator Dealers, Location Finder & More

The added cost of using nitrogen in my tires is of very little to almost no benefit seen as I drive so little these days but if I were a commuter who drove a lot and was replacing a set of tires with new I would opt for it.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #119 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Quote:
UFO Making an observation is not whining

Using Nitrogen instead of air in your tires is on topic if you pay attention. Seen as you rather be confrontational instead of doing a simple search here is a site with a video from Jay Leno to explain the benefits of using nitrogen in your tires and how it can save you fuel.

Nitrogen in Tires : Information about Nitrogen Tire Inflation News, Benefits, Generator Dealers, Location Finder & More

The added cost of using nitrogen in my tires is of very little to almost no benefit seen as I drive so little these days but if I were a commuter who drove a lot and was replacing a set of tires with new I would opt for it.
Whatever helps you through the day. I am making "observations" as well. Good luck on that nitrogen scam.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #120 (permalink)
Tire Geek

Quote:
....Using Nitrogen instead of air in your tires is on topic if you pay attention......but if I were a commuter who drove a lot and was replacing a set of tires with new I would opt for it.
To try to addres the issue of nitrogen, I've complied the best testing I could find:

Barry's Tire Tech

Bottomline: Nitrogen by itself doesn't do anything of real value for street usage that good pressure maintenace doesn't also do. If you get Nitrogen for free - Cool! But don't pay extra for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to CapriRacer For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (05-27-2011)
Reply  Post New Thread