View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #85 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
Yes he was wrong about all states, but it is true in most states, most meaning the greatest number or more than half. Its good information to have regardless.

My statement wasn’t wrong, though misunderstood, most states do at least have this on the books: No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic." This results in impeding traffic tickets.

Driving 50 in a 70, or 45 or whatever is impeding the flow (impeding: to retard or obstruct progress). In fact, I bet its almost all states. But I am not going to "PROVE" this.

In fact you’re from PA if I saw that correctly, you have a 15 mph minimal speed (15 under the max) limit on the books for the turnpike. I really wouldn't have thought this would be a surprise for you.

FYI next time you can prove I am wrong, because if you cant, you shouldn't be saying someone is wrong.
The fact that most states have a rather ambiguous statement on the books doesn't make you correct, nor did I specifically say you were wrong, that I recall, without going back to read again.

What I did, in fact, do, was ask that both of you prove your statements, then provide evidence contrary to what you each had said initially. If you can't handle that, you may be on the wrong forum. I hope not, because you seem to have some pretty decent ability to provide insights thus far, and may be a valuable addition to our community.

I'm well aware of the minimum speed limit I'm Pennsylvania, and with some searching, you'll find that I've posted with regard to it before. You posted that it was illegal to travel below the speed limit, which, as I'm sure you were aware at the time, is normally in reference to the posted speed limit, which is universally recognizable by all drivers, as opposed to a minimum speed, which many states do not post, through they may or may not have a minimum legal speed limit.

P.S. Its not my job to prove you wrong when claims are made which are contrary to the observed normal. The subsequent posts after the first one made it look like you were correct all along, although the semantics of the first post may have been questionable.