View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #385 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
Only if you use the incorrect blend / brand or if you allow it to brew for too long - the dreaded stewed tea which is no use to anyone.
I must have fallen into bad company, then, because your description seems to fit every cup of tea I had in Britain.

Quote:
Not really, both are blended and brewed hot drinks and both have a level of bitterness which can, in part, be softened with added milk, or cream.
I dunno... My idea of proper tea - Chinese/Japanese green tea, basically - is scarcely bitter at all.

Quote:
Couldn't find any over there, however that could have been down to the people we were with - their idea of fresh food was pizza that was still warm when delivered, and anything involving leaves, peeling or cutting was to be avoided.
Yeah, I've known people like that. And the worst part is that that's their idea of fancy. Normal is to open a package of chips (American usage of word, of course) and a can of soda.

Quote:
On our way to a day out at a lake we trundled through a small town in MN and there was a bakery - real genuine baking bread, queue out of the door. But they gave me a very strange look when I suggested we go there for freshly baked bread for our day out instead of the processed supermarket muck we had.
These days even the local WalMart has an in-store bakery that turns out some pretty decent breads. But they still sell an awful lot of that sliced white stuff.