View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #41 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
I'm watching this idea with interest. And now I know how time-consuming testing the way this site advocates can be--and how frustrating. So thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
I'll inflate all tires to the same inflation pressure, either 44 or 51 psi.
Maybe it is more important to work with the recommended design parameters? That gives your results greater applicability for folks on this forum (not me) who are unwilling to over-inflate. Not a big deal, something just to consider. More important, wouldn't the aero qualitis change for the car given the different sizes of the fronts and the constant size of the backs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
I was hoping since the start of the test drive is only 4 miles from home, that I could consider all the tires cold when starting the test.
Why not drive to the site on your "C" test tires. Remove them to cool. Then drive your first test round on the "A" tires... all will get at least some chance to cool. Of course, if you could get bit by some radioactive spider or something, maybe you can carry your car that four miles.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.