View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
SentraSE-R
Pishtaco

Mean Green Toaster Machine - '06 Scion xB
Team Toyota
90 day: 48.92 mpg (US)
The mules' sidewall pressure will determine what I'll use, since the stockers are 44 psi and the newbies are 51 psi. The mules will make 2 of 3, so I'll change the pressure of the odd man out.

At 4 a.m., it's dark enough that I'd need to run lights, which would introduce another variable. I don't think I'll bother running on the C tires to the starting point, as I doubt it will be worth my time to swap tires for a 4 mile drive, when it's questionable whether the tires will even warm up. I will read inflation pressure and tire surface temperature (with an IR temperature) when I leave home, when I start each test, and when I end each test.

Starting the first A test with cold engine and bearings is going to mess me up, since all the other tests will have a warm engine and bearings. I think I'll run two A tests right off, to get the engine and bearings warmed up. Unfortunately, that's going to warm the tires up. I can't win for losing.

Boycotting Exxon since 1989, BP since 2010
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Mean Green Toaster Machine
49.5 mpg avg over 53,000 miles. 176% of '08 EPA
Best flat drive 94.5 mpg for 10.1 mi
Longest tank 1033 km (642 mi) on 10.56 gal = 60.8 mpg