View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #280 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
...So-called "development" (I'm told that this is progress?) has increased the traffic load tremendously...
Nice try, no banana My version of progress is something different from a time piece's, but this is not a political thread, ok ?

I agree though - in our last house we lived on a street which led nowhere. Then the builders moved in so we ended up living on a street which became the entrance to a larger housing area so we had cars more or less constantly in and out from 6am to 11pm. And don't even get me started on the lazy arses who can't even be bothered to get out and ring a door bell - no they just sit, and idle and toot their horn...

When we moved we specifically chose a house in an area already fully developed and where the borders are bounded by things which are not likely to move - like a historical golf club from the 1880s. And we chose a house at the back so we are on the way to nowhere.

We spent the first week just marvelling at how quiet it all was.

Quote:
...and on top of that each traffic "unit" is noisier because of the popularity of pulling the mufflers off everything...

Ever heard of the TV show the Dukes of Hazzard? Ever listened to a demolition derby? Those sound effects are pretty much what our culture of retards thinks is appropriate for neighborhoods these days.
I am unfortunately aware of the TV series and film from my youth - all those Chargers destroyed for no reason. Thankfully my current neighbours are all reired so they prefer silent BMWs, Skodas and Hondas. Bliss...

But we do have the occasional visitor from "The Fast and the Furious" although with a 1.4 Honda Civic its more "The Slow and the Slightly Annoyed". Their sluggishness and the fact we have speed humps on our street (to tame muppet SUV/Truck owners) means their noise lingers longer than it needs to.

Quote:
Oh how I want $8 gas!
Well move here, we have that and more

But you would have to put up with a 40% top income tax rate + national insurance so you can pay for the benefits for not only the deserving job seekers (I have no issue with that) but those who assume being fat and lazy is a disability and a 50 inch LCD TV and a premium TV contract as a right.