View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slojam View Post
I purchased my 2005 Civic HX just a couple months ago when I was driving almost 100 miles a day round trip. Now I have a new job that is much much closer to where I live and am not in need of the mpg anymore. If I have "negative" equity in the car then I would just keep it for a while, but if people are still in the mood to pay a bit more for a high mpg vehicle then I would love to part with it.

So back to the title. What is a silver 2005 civic HX automatic with under 50K miles worth in todays market?

Thanks in advance guys.
With OPEC declaring it won't increase output, oil futures jumped suddenly last week. We have not seen that at the pump, although I think the price has ceased dropping around here. Unless the Saudis ride to the rescue on their own, as they have at times in the past, I think the predictions of $5 gasoline have a chance of becoming reality, maybe. In that scenario. Sell it later this summer.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.