View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
What you're suggesting, that I can tell, is that some potentially catastrophic event will occur as a result of fracing...

So, what is your suggestion for a method of gas and crude extraction in the area?

The actual fractures happen a mile or more below the surface of the earth. The deepest water wells I can ever remember working with were 250 feet deep. That's MAYBE into the second casing, possibly still the first.

Sure, there's a chance for seismic activity due to pressure change, but ANY removal of the deposits causes the same, and that fact has been looming since the first drakes were set.

Once again, none of the chemicals used were ever hidden. Non disclosure doesn't mean hidden, it means I'm not telling you. Halliburton knew that giving up the information willingly could compromise their business, and nobody ever just took the time to look.

That I know of, every company in Pa is using the multi stage procedure, which lasts, on average, no more than 7 days per hole, with 3, 5, 7, or more holes on a single pad, which addresses land use issues by utilizing a single pad for several wells, covering miles of formation with a couple acres of reformed land.

Look, I'm not friendly with the gas industry by any means. I'm not going to keep listening to people call frac the work of Satan, either.

I do support full disclosure, as well.