View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
bwilson4web
Engineering first

17 i3-REx - '14 BMW i3-REx
Last 3: 45.67 mpg (US)

Blue Bob's - '19 Tesla Std Rng Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
- it just uses a computer to automatically switch between different power sources.
To be precise, the Prius has a network of computers, not just one.

Quote:
-It can't tow.
Does that mean I have to take off my 2" reciever? Does this mean I can't buy one for my wife's car? I don't think so. Whether or not Toyota lists a towing capability, more than a few of us do it already.

Quote:
-does it top out at 100 or does the chart just stop there?
I can only plot data provided. In the case of my NHW11, there was this curve rapidly approaching. As for the NHW20, it was volunteered many years ago. Many sources claim higher mph and some of us know how to tweak that up with larger diameter tires.

Quote:
- at the same highway speeds . . .
Ok, this is crazy as it implies the car never stops and the driver and passengers get in and out of the car like in the movie "Speed." Or does the driveway only exit onto a highway and all destinations have their parking lot on the highway.

Cherry picking' "just highway" is the latest fraud in GM/Chevy ads (and a few other vendors like VW.) Yet the vast majority of our population lives in urban and suburban environments. It is and remains a crazy claim as examination of user reported mileage at www.fueleconomy.gov shows.

Quote:
-For a lot of those people, the Prius just isn't the right choice of car.
Absent names of Prius owners who concur and some engineering data, this is either crazy or hubris. Pick your poison.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 06-20-2011 at 03:10 PM..