View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

I think if you study your veh. as is, very closely; you will find existing bumper bolts that you could feed off of. I have built an air dam for my first Quantum wagon w great results. I used smooth rounded carriage bolts through the air dam, but used existing bumper bolts as feeder lines to add light weight predrilled universal bracket pieces that run vertical down from the bumper bolts. You're particular airdam height is so little, that it looks to me like 4 or 5 vertical runners would be strong enough w/o adding horizonal brackets or supports. I used L-shaped plastic brackets (90 degrees) as the go between the carriage bolt hook up, and the vertical brackets

With some cleverness on your part, you could drill holes sideways through the carriage or whatever you pick bolts; so you could fairly easily use GIANT no you bend Cotter Pins that are used for universal motorcycle axle retainment safety.

Pull 4-5 clips, and you are ready for snow season, or comfortable crawl under.
For high 4 wheel drives, this easy one/off, and for anyone w snow on/off could be very important!

A 2pc. dam could also be made, w the bottom half removable!

The plastic L absorbed a lot of vibration., and really made it secure in my case. My L's were about 3"x3"

With the Giant cotter pin use, one could possibly throw a smallish padlock on one of the locations.

If someone builds a substantial (high height) airdam, and finishes it nicely; it could be theft bait!!

I hope you turn out a great piece! ALOHA!