View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
3-Wheeler
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimepting View Post
Yes, it is in Wisconsin. Sorry, here is a link:

Home Page Green Drive Expo

I gather it is a renaming of the old hybridfest which has gone on for several years. Among other attractions, they have a fuel economy contest, and a display of fuel efficient cars. 3-Wheeler, who posts regularly on this site, is contemplating showing his Honda Insight boat tail project, seen here and on other threads:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-13533-34.html

I'm hoping he goes, though I haven't heard anything final.
Hi jimepting,

At this point, not sure if I'm going.

If I do go, I will put the tail back on the car and drive it as is.

About one week ago, I was riding my bicycle on a city bike trail and a full size lab dog ran into my path and I went over the bars and now have a class #3 shoulder separation. It's one step away from surgery.

The tail is off the car since it was getting water logged since it was not completely sealed over the winter (ran out of time last fall). Now I have removed quite a bit of fiberglass that had bubbled up from water intrusion.

All the paint that was put on last year is latex and needs to be sanded off to allow further work on the tail.

I'm also working on several mods to the car, including running the IMA fan at all times via an on-off switch.

We watch our grand-daughter allot so time is limited to work on things.

If the weather is good, and my shoulder feels better, I could stop by for the Expo.

Jim.