View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Cardinal....I'm saying show me the proof. I don't have to prove it doesn't exist. I didn't make the claim of a 45 MPG GN or 27 MPG Taxi not existing. You claim it does exist. I'm saying show something that proves these exist besides one posting by someone on the internet who could just as easily have written about his travels to distant planets in faraway galaxies. Certainly this extraordinary 3800 engine was documented somewhere. Go find it. Otherwise quit talking about this as a fact, cause at this point it appears to be a myth that you are perpetuating.

In addition, as has been pointed out elsewhere in Ecomodder, the engine is only 1 part of a puzzle in creating a vehicle that gets 45mpg. Supposing that the engine in the right car could get 45mpg, I find it insanely hard to believe that the 1980’s technology, aero design, drive train design, tires, and enormous weight could accomplish something like 27 & 45 MPG when current automotive producers using the latest science have a difficult time achieving this. If you want to debate that current model cars being offered are somehow capable of 50,60, or 70mpg, and “The Man” is screwing us all over by detuning them, than go ahead and say that. It is essentially what your claim is when you talk about some 3800 having gotten crazy mileage years ago, but was kept from mass production for some mysterious/conspiracy reason.

So, consider the brown BS Flag as having been thrown here, until you can back up what you say. This is a forum which is based on science; pseudoscience, myths, and hoaxes are met with resistance in order to maintain the credibility of this website.