View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
2000 Insight Issues

Well where to start. First, I think the IMA light and the Check Engine light have been disabled. I am assuming there is an actual check engine light, not just the Maint Required light. I originally thought the Maint light covered everything, but I was wrong. The IMA light in the lower right never comes on either. How hard is it to pull the dash cluster out to see if the bulbs are still there?

I forced a recal on the computer again, and let the car idle outside the office for a while. It charged up the IMA, so I started driving. The assist worked, the auto-stop worked, and it showed charge to the IMA. Life was good. I shut the car off and went to buy some beer, came back out and drove away. The assist worked for a moment, then stopped. I showed charge to the IMA (which was at about 75% full), and then the auto-stop cut out. So now I had no assist, no auto stop, but the battery level dropped to about half. The next set of lights I pulled away from, there was a brief bit of assist, then a bit of charge, then they both stopped. And that was it. Neither the assist nor the charge gauges lit up again. Though strangely after a few seconds the battery gauge jumped back up to almost full, even though it had not been showing any charge going into it. I am thinking it is safe to say that my IMA is lunched, which I kind of expected, I just hope no one has messed with anything serious in their attempts to make the IMA and check engine light go out - for once I am actually hoping it's just the bulbs that have been pulled!