Thread: safety ideas
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

to my highly reflectorized friend; My best advice for your driving is to be found as follows:

Under Hypermiling/EcoDriver's Ed. section on page #1 go to the subject: "Some hypermiling questions"
There is 3 pages of info there; my 2 cents worth is on page 2. I'm noticing now looking at the rear of your car, that it appears that you have the SI model. That is the hot rod model for the CRX's! Am I correct in assuming that your car is an '86 or '87?

Factory fuel injection came stock on all the 2nd gen. CRX's ('88 on) All of the 1st gen., came w a factory carb EXCEPT for the SI version. The SI has different gearing which may be more suitable for racing, but the lowly carb version (to some people) tends to lend itself to the higher mpg's. You might want to swap for a non SI transmission if you think you will keep this car long enough; and mostly HOW MUCH you want the real high mpg., if $$$ wise it's a better choice for you or not!

The driving tips will improve whatever you get to an extent though. You'll have to stew that around in your mind. Best to ya!, Aloha!