View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
skyl4rk
Coasting Down the Peak

Toyauto Pickup - '94 Toyota Pickup 2WD
90 day: 36.32 mpg (US)

Versa Base - '09 Versa Sedan 1.6 Base
Team Nissan
90 day: 41.69 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Metro, THANK YOU for the link And here is my problem: making it legal. Polish parliament has been too lazy to pass laws allowing the use of rear-mounted cargo carriers, so it is illegal here to mount anything that covers the registration plates, and it's also illegal to take your plates off and transfer them to the bikerack/cargo carrier, even if it was designed for it (and legal in other European countries).
I don't think cargo carriers are legal here either. We are allowed an extension of no more than 4 feet, but it does not specifically permit a cargo carrier. The extension law seems to have been written in a way that would suggest someone hauling long pieces of lumber would be OK if it didn't hang out more than 4 feet.

Are the cops in Poland that picky? Can't you get away with stuff? Here, most people ignore the laws, at least the details of the law. There are very few cops around here in the countryside.

If you follow the rules for a trailer (lights, registration) it seems you should be able to confuse the law officers enough to just use it and get away with it.