View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #55 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
I checked the charger today, and the light was green! The smart charger got smart again!

Only used 0.44 KWh after being on charge 24 hours, meaning the charger stopped charging when it was supposed to!

Yesterday, I took the cycle to the BOONDOCKERS Street Rod Show.

Got lots of good comments on the bike. Real good conversations with a few people too.

At the end of the day, I realized they had an amatuer motorcross track hiding in back. I HAD to try the cycle on that.

Yep, me, the cycle, and its 129 lbs of lead flying over the dirt track. I was WAY to chicken to try any of the jumps, especially without a helmet, armor, and better suspension.

Still it was the first time I went off-roading on a motorcycle, if you don't count my front lawn.

It was a blast! I might have to look up when the next closest National Electric Drag Racing Association EVent is!

Also, a while back, I took the cycle to the Milwaukee Hybrid Group meeting and got to make a presentation about it. We actually drove the cycle right into the library meeting room! There was a TV crew that showed up WHILE I was presenting. The news piece they were shooting for is supposed to be on the news tonight. I have no idea if I will be in it or not. I will let you guys know. We get a couple of channels of TV, but not that one. My wife and I are going over to my parents to use their TV and VCR to watch it.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos