View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
JohnS
MIT (Modder In Training)

FuguMobile - '01 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 24.89 mpg (US)
Cut off nose to spite face...

File this under "Cut Off Nose To Spite Face"...

I got disgusted during the middle of my last tank after a day of: a) hitting every red light, b) getting cut-off at the last second by every dope pulling out of a side street, c) finally getting a downhill coast only to have a knucklehead back out of his driveway right in front of me, d) etc., etc., for the rest of the alphabet.

Well, it seemed that's the way it was going, anyway. Not that I expect to have nothing but open roads here in northern NJ, but even for here I was getting every bad break in the book. The frustration just built up and up until...BOOM...I lost it!

So how did I respond? Of course: by turning into a child and reverting back to my old driving habits for a couple of days. Not proud of it, but there it is.

My reward for the temper tantrum was to get 2+ mpg LOWER on the tank. DOH!

So now I'm curious. Has this ever happened to any of you guys? Does it still happen? Do you just get frustrated on some days and ask yourself: What the heck am I doing all this for? Or is this just a beginner-thing that we newbies have to work our way through?

Not an earth shaking topic, I know, but I am interested in hearing if anyone else has had this experience...or if I'm just an eco-boob.

John

PS: I'm better now.