View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #90 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Will have to read that when I get home. what we really need is a source for usable motors (or list of usable motors) and the power needed (minimum) in the lawnmower engine AND the kicker. the details on controlling the electricity and the parts to make it for the $25 price tag (or anything $300 or less that will do the same job)

then we CAN ALL start doing this. I already have a nice donor vehicle handy that I WOULD LOVE to convert. a 96 plymouth voyager. I would have to use a larger electric motor (since its 3200 pounds) or two of them but thats ok.

I am not willing to pay $25 for those plans without knowing if they will actually contain USABLE information to affordable convert my car to this style hybrid.

I was getting ready to put a geo metro drive train in it hoping for 40mpg but feared that little engine and clutch would not be able to handle inclines.

I have plenty of gasoline engines from 3.5 hp to 15hp plenty of car batteries (6 actually all good) and a donor vehicle. I just need the motor and controller details (CHEAP)