Thread: New from Idaho!
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
G. Man
EcoModding Lurker

blue - '84 honda civic
Team Honda
Thanks, I've been looking @ peoples mpg, and I'm shocked I do better than a lot of them with a stock civic over 200k miles. Plus I'm also having carb trouble. My idle is way high (1700 RPM's i'm guessing), and I know it's wasting plenty of gas. I also go everywhere with all the windows open, and all my fishing, emergency gear and a few tools. And I also havn't learned any hypermilling techniques....YET! I guess I'm just surprised more people don't drive a civic for how efficient they are. I first fell in love with them for their MPG's, but then I realized there isn't a car I've owned that's more fun to drive (I've had between 15 and 20 cars and trucks, maybe more). They're just small and you can manuver it anywhere. I've taken them on gnarly rocky roads up in the high desert, and encountered no problems (unless you count white knuckles, and a flat tire). Anyways, lets just say I'm impressed with these cars and they've earned a great deal of respect from me, blah blah blah .

Anyways, If anyone can direct me to a quality vacuum guage I'd much appreciate it. I've looked around town, and no parts stores cary them! I really want one, so I can kick my bad driving habits, and obviously my cars too old for a scan guage. What other gauges should I look into? Thanks