View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
JohnnyGrey
Master EcoModder

Pushrod - '02 Chevrolet Cavalier
Quote:
So custom axles, custom shift linkage, custom motor mounts, no working electronics, and immediately devaluing the project vehicle. I've got to ask, at what cost?
Why would I need custom anything? Toyota puts the 1NZ into the Corolla on a regular basis, just not in the US. I don't need to replace the transmission so that means same axles, same shift linkage, and maybe a different (factory) motor mount than the 1ZZ.

An echo is an all around cheap car. This is what I was complaining about earlier, the fact that automakers think cheap and fuel efficient should always go together. Why can't a nicer car be fuel efficient? Why can't I find something with leather seats that gets more than 40mpg hwy? Just because I shell out for leather doesn't mean I want to shell out for gas!

I want to drive something that doesn't look like a joke, that's pretty decent on the inside, that doesn't have the instrument cluster in the middle of the car, something that has a tachometer for god's sake! Why does Toyota give this option to the Japanese and not us? Probably because it would hurt more profitable Prius sales.

Take a look: http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/24...-for-sale.html

Last edited by JohnnyGrey; 05-12-2008 at 12:36 PM..