View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #356 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
I guess the question is did he act in a way that would earn him an arrest and a set of handcuffs?
Virginia recently enacted laws aimed specifically at road rage, with some fairly severe penalties in some cases. Ever had an idiot pass you at 80 plus on the Interstate only to cut two car lenghts in front of you and lock the brakes, becasue you were stupid enough to impede his progress in bumper to bumper traffic?
I have a permit and carry myself. Used to carry thousands to the bank in deposits made only at night and drove around the bank before hitting the deposit box, with a well practiced 5 second deposit procedure.
Never had to show the weapon, while in a car, a H&K P7, not once in over 20 years, and not a single physical confrontation since 1963. To many folks my physical presence is enough, apparently like Frank, but that does not apply to everyone of course.
I once had a customer basically tell me to my face that he had contemplated armed robbery on me. I showed him the 45 under the counter in my shop and told him I was glad he did not try.
Bottom line for me, and me alone, is insurance. A firearm (with permit), training, and a fairly well controlled temper, has been sufficient for me for over 20 years, 20 more without the firearm.

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
bestclimb (07-24-2011)