View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #387 (permalink)
endurance
Master EcoModder

RSX2fast4mpg - '02 Acura RSX Type S
90 day: 38.22 mpg (US)

bubbatrucker - '98 Chevrolet K1500
90 day: 18.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0sitmatr View Post
Ive been told straight up by more than 1 sheriff in my hometown, that should someone break into our home and we use a gun on the person, to shoot to kill (not injure) and if he/she manages to make it outside, to pull the body inside before they (police) show up.
I can tell you from both someone who's worked in both county level and federal law enforcement, as well as some top training by John Farnam, one of the best instructors in the business, you're never better off by moving a body. You were shooting because you were in fear for your life and fired until the individual was no longer a threat to you. That means you don't empty your magazine into the guy after he's turned to run away, you fire until he drops his weapon, turns and starts running, or is inanimate on the floor.

You may in fact have a local sheriff who'd love to see another thug off the streets at any cost, but when his family comes after you in civil court, good luck trying to explain why you tampered with the crime scene after you took their only income away. All the jury needs is the preponderance of the evidence and you lose your life savings to support his family. Thanks, but I'll use whatever means necessary to keep my family alive, but I stop short of modifying a crime scene.