View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #394 (permalink)
d0sitmatr
n00b.... sortof..

silver fire - '03 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 32.52 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by endurance View Post

You may in fact have a local sheriff who'd love to see another thug off the streets at any cost, but when his family comes after you in civil court, good luck trying to explain why you tampered with the crime scene after you took their only income away. All the jury needs is the preponderance of the evidence and you lose your life savings to support his family. Thanks, but I'll use whatever means necessary to keep my family alive, but I stop short of modifying a crime scene.
LOL
I love this argument.
it falls in line with the thief who had his knee shot out while robbing someone's home and won a lawsuit against the person who shot him. whether that story is actually true or not really doesnt matter, I mean, if someone comes into your home and is uninvited and a perceived threat to your family, do you honestly think the police are going to spend a lot of effort into the investigation ?
Im betting it mostly depends on how much crime is in your area and how taxed the forensics team is in the first place. I do know that 15 or so years ago, my apt got broken into and after calling the police, it took them over 1 1/2 hours to respond. a lot of things can happen in that time:
the sprinklers could come on, it could rain, a dog could come by and piss on something, a raccoon could give it a look see for scrounging food, etc etc.

Im not going to argue about it any longer, I know what I was told, (twice, I might add) if you dont believe me, thats not my problem.

but I will stand by what drv2d dealt with and his handling of the situation.
if you dont like how he dealt with it, the more the fool you are for thinking the world is filled with pretty pretty rainbowy people....