View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Looks like a fun toy. How do you think it'll compare to the Rebel mpg wise?
From what I have read the Rebel seems to get better mileage. My thoughts are it is a matter of power, with the CBR considerably more powerful, then applying that power uses considerably more fuel. With 6 speeds I am hoping the CBR has better high speed gearing. I really want to just go out and blast off a few times, but I am still a zombie from the drive, so common sense says take it easy and get used to the new bike.

On my local route it will be very interesting to see how well I can do. Will get a log going very soon with comments about the differences.

Many people seem to think the Rebel is underpowered. I think it has enough power for almost any situation, having driven a 58 VW, those who have know exactly what I am talking about.

On the other hand those hypermilers that do the best over EPA are typically driving cars that are poorly designed for high mileage, especially in final drive gearing. I think I calculated my trucks revs per mile at 1550 and if showed in the highway mileage.

I would love nothing better than to see the CBR hit 100 MPG, and I think its possible but not at sustained high speeds.

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
Daox (07-28-2011)