View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
I have to admit I'm concerned about your expectations here CS1, ryland is discussing the mpg figures where the battery is making a contribution to those miles as well as the generator. I appreciate you want to test it out, but you are partially motivated by the claims being made it seems, and we are not entirely sure they make sense to start with.

I think it is ok to have a hypothesis, an understanding of as many variables as possible, before doing an experiment. In fact the more variables you can nail down the better. I'm concerned at the level of wishful thinking and there are some red flags as well, such as the suggestion of using a 2 stroke, which historically have worse efficiency than 4 strokes.

Please don't continue unless you can afford to. I know others are rooting you on, but there will be genuine costs in time and money, and if you are expecting 90mpg in a van on a gasoline 2 stroke without battery contributions, then, well, don't. I cannot read your mind or your plans, just want to know that you understand the potential realities and the costs beforehand.

Last edited by dcb; 07-30-2011 at 08:55 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to dcb For This Useful Post:
rmay635703 (07-31-2011)