View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
cleanspeed1
Diesel Addict/No Cure

StolenHoopty - '90 Honda Accord EX

HvyDrnkr - '93 Cadillac Seville
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
I promise not to say "I told you so", you have gotten the best advice I can offer you, now I would suggest you recruit some of your cheer leaders to do some heavy lifting to see how devoted they are, and get some expert advise from the forum on data acquisition.

You can of course build as you go, but you will almost always get better results by thinking things through before jumping in. I assume a goal is improved efficiency, that will be a metric that is being watched closely, without fudging it with wall power.
You haven't passed on anything, except an opinion that has no substantive proof. You've been here longer than me, and you know better than to offer criticism without data.

The onus is not on me, it's on you. I don't know what will happen, but I will find out. You don't know but are relying on what others have done, but have not proved yourself. Therefore you have a credibility problem.

And the fact still remains that you are opposed to something that you have not built in order to quantify performance and have a metric to share.

Oh, and one other thing...................

I don't have to prove anything to you, dcb. This is for me, and anyone else that is interested in doing something like this. You have your mind made up.

So get outta my way.......

I have a hybrid to build.

Big n' Boxy, Never met a Hill it Didn't Like