View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #364 (permalink)
Freyguy
EV Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brose View Post
I appreciate the help with my programming issue but it seems that I have another problem after getting the chip programmed. When I power it up I get the SOC screen and then the volt/bamp screen. At this point I can't change screens or do anything. The green LED is flashing and I changed the refresh speed to see if that could have been the problem but no luck, I also changed from manual to auto. When I did this I still got one screen and then the other but it never moved from the second screen. The green led dosen't come on when in auto mode. When I power up the green led come on flashing and the SOC screen comes up and without me doing anything the volts/bamp screen comes up and that's all it will do when I change back to manual. Does this make any sense at all?
Hi Bill. The green led should only be flashing if you are in charge mode. Since you don't mention that screen, the only thing left is a compiling/programming problem. I assume you are using the file for the 2480? Did you try using the method in my manual vs Ian's quickbuild? By opening the project, the proper PIC device is already selected along with the correct ASM and INCLUDE files.
I might also suggest just programming using my default files without and kind of rebuild. I do a build when I release it so the hex file (used to actually program the device) is already there. Then see if the screens at least function properly. I put together a quick programming how-to here:

BTW- If you ever find yourself in charge mode during normal battery discharge operation, then VR1 (bAmp offset) needs to be readjusted since it thinks the amps are negative (flowing in opposite direction). This is irrelevant though if you are using the bAmp from serial input from controller.

-Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to Freyguy For This Useful Post:
Brose (07-31-2011)