View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
orbywan
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphector View Post
Today I did a grill block on my 2006 focus wagon.

Used some square mat for children as ''filling material''. I had a bunch of these laying around and the back color matches perfectly. used some zipties to hold it in place.
Good work on the block off plate. You may want to back the foam up with 1/8 inch plywood or something to keep the air from pushing the foam back at freeway speeds. I’m guessing behind the grille isn’t as efficient as in front, but the difference may not be that much.

Once you find out the results you could always get some clear lexan or acrylic and make a plate for the outside and mount it the same way (through the grille) with wire ties, and double sided sticky tape between it and the chrome surround, test that version and see how they compare.

I did a block off on my Saturn, blocked the entire grille with no ill effect even during 112+ degree days of summer, but keep an eagle eye on your temp gauge until you’re sure you’re getting sufficient cooling air from down below. It’ll sneak up and bite you on the a__ if you’re not careful.