View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #41 (permalink)
Polar
saving precious diesel

A2 3L - '02 Audi Audi A2 1.2 TDI "3L"
Diesel
90 day: 84.82 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekke View Post
For refence I appreciate all fuel logs which have even some data of what have happened during fillups . It is much easier to estimate how other cars is running if you have even some data of the speeds driven and other mods made etc.
I understand, but I found that my fuel log comments were getting repetitive. I just try and adopt every trick from the white book, but especially the longer stretches of highway driving at moderate speeds, drafting behind trucks, and p&g is where the big savings are made, along with the already efficient design of the A2 3L.
Apart from that, all there is to say about the car and its owners is right here.

Quote:
When you P&G does your engine sometimes rev up before the clutch bites in? I have this kind of problems if I am on the throttle when I put the gear in :/.
No, it doesn't. Has the gearbox ever been replaced or refurbished, or its software upgraded? Gearbox failure (software-wise) is the only real issue my A2 has ever suffered from in recent years.

Quote:
I will propably see shortly guys from Nokia at Power truck show:
Power Truck Show - Galleria which is a trade show and truck show. Tires that I will need for my Lupo 3L will also fit your car for sure .
I do hope so. Although in all, I'm quite happy with my Bridgestone Ecopias, but they are not the nec plus ultra either.

Quote:
Today the cars inspection was a clear pass and the modding can really begin. Today installed smooth tinted polycarbonate TuneCovers:
Less drag = Less fuel | Aluminium wheel hubcaps | Eco Tuning --> Tuneko Ltd
I visited your website before, so your hubcaps had already attracted my attention. A fine product imho! Will keep them in mind for any of my future vehicles. How much are they approximately?