View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
shorttimer
EcoModding Lurker

After reading several comparos, between the Ninja & the Honda, the Ninja got higher marks. Too early to tell about mileage comparos. And that has so much to do with how someone operates the machine. After owning both the early & late Kawis, I hardly use the later one. The early one handles better after I reworked the suspension (both ends) , but the 08 & later came with better suspension from the factory, slightly better brakes & 17" tires, though the right tires on the early 16"ers are really good. I don't like the fact that, after all this time (22 yrs), Kawasaki chose not to up the power, of the motor, and instead actually reduced the power. Since most people don't own both, it's hard for them to understand what I'm talking about here. I think a lot of people equate the looks thing as better, without understanding how the whole package has to work. I would strongly recommend a 07 or earlier, preferably with low miles & service records, over the 08 or later. And really nice ones can be had for under 2 grand.