View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #372 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Thyme (and James, Frank, and others) - Before we all go into politics again...
My post was both fact AND opinion: The facts are that I first noticed flags in the US, even before 9/11 there were stars&stripes waving, not to mention all the flags on game nights. The number of flags soared after 9/11, Afganistan and Iraq. I observed most of this in the southeastern states, so it may have been more 'tame' elsewhere, like in NY for example, though I did observe a few around JFK on 2-3 occasions.
As for the part about which American 'products' seem to be most readily imported by the rest of the world, yes, this is my opinion, though I know that I'm not a loner in this respect.

The bottom line is that flags on cars annoy me and (from my POV) it started in the US and spread to other parts of the world. It also annoys me that quite a few Americans put gas-wasting flags on their vehicles, calling it "patriotism" in the years of oil wars. It may not annoy others, but it annoys me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
Ahem - these are "Engellllaaaaand" flags

I know, Englanders seem to be just as good at it as Americans.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
Cd (09-01-2011), wdb (08-04-2011)