View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #167 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aporigine View Post
Imo that feature sold more SUVs in the States than any other, once supplemental rug-rodent restraint racks were mandated.
Don't have any direct experience of that. I do like kids on occasion*, but they're much more fun when you can give them back to the parents when you're tired of them.

(*Indeed, it's sort of a running joke among my friends that any weekend get-together quickly devolves into three groups: guys in the living room watching sports, gals in the kitchen gossiping, and me outside having fun with all the kids & dogs.)

Quote:
But the ultimate sleight-of-hand imo was to make minivans cool:
Minivans aren't cool? Not even the original VW bus?

Quote:
Bummer about the dogs, amigo. If they're small and smart enough, you can train'em to stack in the passenger seat ... (cackling, ducking)
Midsize dogs, unfortunately, about 55-65 lbs. One's a Bossy Collie (border collie/Australian shepherd mix), the new one's a sort of pit bullish mutt. They don't stack well: a couple of attempts on the part of the new guy resulted in a nipped nose. Now BC has him trained: she rides in the front seat, new guy in the back. Which works well, 'cause she always falls asleep, while he likes to rest his head on the seat back and look out.