View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #420 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Today's annoyance list:
  1. Street lights which stay on during the day. Sometimes it's a faulty light sensor, but sometimes it's a lazy maintainance guy who waits weeks until he decides to fix it.
    1a. People who don't turn off the light in front of their house during the day. It's arguable whether those lights should be on for the whole night (I know of neighborhoods which strongly encourage it), but geez, it's not making any difference during the day, except to their electric bill. Getting a light sensor would pay for itself quite quickly. Especially if someone prefers 2x100w instead of a CF.
  2. Stores which keep their doors wide open, spilling all the A/C-ed air right onto the street. And the same stores that keep the doors open during winter.
  3. Drivers who leave only centimeters when passing bicyclists, instead of the 1.5m minimum. Have I already complained about this one? I could do it every other day...
  4. Drivers (and even more often motorcyclists) who deduce that if driving with your lights on is safe, then driving with your high beams is even safer.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
d0sitmatr (08-09-2011)