Thread: Daily Smiles
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #181 (permalink)
old redneck
EcoModding Lurker

Thats not a star that's a target. LOL My daily smile is for this entire week we have met some of the NICEST people on the planet. Those o you that talk about the northeast corridor are NOT in touch with the rest of us in the HINTERLANDS, oops that belongs in the daily annoyances. Broke down at 8 pm in the middle of the road 22 miles from the nearest town in Colorado. A young couple stopped and took dad to town to find a tow truck. Then a young couple turned around when they saw I was setting half on the pavement of a 20 ft wide road when it was gettinfg dark and came to see if I was ok. Then he hooked on ad towed me 1.2 mile to get me off the road. He APPOLOGIZED that he didn't feel safe in pulling me all the way to town as the road was too curvy to use his tow strap. Then when I thanked him and offr=ered to pay him for his time said to help him when he was broken down some day. The tow truck that I passed that as bringing dad to get us (I got the truck started and drive to town) took us to his shop it was midnight knew the problem and instead of holding us up put on his spare part. He said the brand was no good and he was right it didn't make it a block, puton his broken part off his tow truck, refunded enough cash to buy a replacement and showed me how to put it on. Now all you that don;t like Americans haven't met us real ones. We have been giving the shirts off our back to the rest of the world because we had 2 now we don't but us poor people are true gentlemen even though we have no class.

The Following User Says Thank You to old redneck For This Useful Post:
aporigine (08-15-2011)