Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #181 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thats not a star that's a target. LOL My daily smile is for this entire week we have met some of the NICEST people on the planet. Those o you that talk about the northeast corridor are NOT in touch with the rest of us in the HINTERLANDS, oops that belongs in the daily annoyances. Broke down at 8 pm in the middle of the road 22 miles from the nearest town in Colorado. A young couple stopped and took dad to town to find a tow truck. Then a young couple turned around when they saw I was setting half on the pavement of a 20 ft wide road when it was gettinfg dark and came to see if I was ok. Then he hooked on ad towed me 1.2 mile to get me off the road. He APPOLOGIZED that he didn't feel safe in pulling me all the way to town as the road was too curvy to use his tow strap. Then when I thanked him and offr=ered to pay him for his time said to help him when he was broken down some day. The tow truck that I passed that as bringing dad to get us (I got the truck started and drive to town) took us to his shop it was midnight knew the problem and instead of holding us up put on his spare part. He said the brand was no good and he was right it didn't make it a block, puton his broken part off his tow truck, refunded enough cash to buy a replacement and showed me how to put it on. Now all you that don;t like Americans haven't met us real ones. We have been giving the shirts off our back to the rest of the world because we had 2 now we don't but us poor people are true gentlemen even though we have no class.

The Following User Says Thank You to old redneck For This Useful Post:
aporigine (08-15-2011)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #182 (permalink)
The PRC.

From here, I think this goes into the "why bother" category...

Quote:
Scooter drinker can drive on – despite ban

A Moray pensioner who fell off his mobility scooter on his way home from the pub has been banned from driving for three years.

But Arthur Dick will still be able to use his lifeline electric vehicle – because he does not need a licence for it.

The 75-year-old was more than three times the drink-drive limit as he made his way home from the Seaforth Club at Elgin.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #183 (permalink)
The PRC.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #184 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Cruised the spectator area of the Bonneville Speed Week. WOW like driving a 5 mile long car show. And the cars running, another WOW. Nice people too. Listened to the BS from me and my 85 yr old dad politely and even want us to sit by them tomorrow. Might think we'd wander onto the 4 tracks if they weren't watching us. Racetrack 1 the long one I think they said is 7 or 8 miles long. The 300+ mph cars use that one, just 150 yards from us. Fantastic day. Hope it dries out tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #185 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Finally

Finally achieved EPA highway MPG on my wife's equinox. EPA say 32, I got 32.8 between Akron OH, and Chicago IL. --at 70 mph.

I left the cruise on, but altered the speed. As I climbed a hill I would back it off 1-3 mph to try to keep it in the highest gear. On decents, I would go 1-3 over keeping the trans in the highest gear and mpg high.

I was impressed with 32.8 from a largeish crossover loaded for the weekend
Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #186 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Sun shining, got the generator working and we now have air conditioning and refrigerator. Entertainment is watching people try to get their cars moving in the wet clay and salt mixture here.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:53 AM   #187 (permalink)
The PRC.

Got my netbook working, bad memory stick - just one of the two. Unplugged it and got the machine setup and running even with some mild overclocking. Plugged the second one back in for a laugh and the screen flickered on bootup and it never made it to the login screen.

Now off to find some cheap^g^g^g^g^g quality memory.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #188 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

called my father today was talking he told me that my great uncle ( old dirt track racer and cool hotrod guy) was selling his old cars he has sitting around his property he is telling me about this and that and then tells me about a complete 1963 chevy belair minus motor and tranny with factory a/c im interested its been sitting for 20 years. then he tells me my grandfather bought it new in 1964 when my uncle mark was born . I instantly told him SOLD. im sure its gonna need more than i think but knowing it was my grandfathers and after i get it back on the street pulling up to my grandparents and going for a ride will be worth more than money to me. im still smiling
Old 08-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #189 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

These high-speed pictures of dogs shaking: Shake - Images | Carli Davidson Photography
Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 AM   #190 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

One of our new friends that had been sitting with us watching fast cars go on the salt came by at dark and gave us all his food as the was called to go back to work. Sitting under our canopy and watching a streamliner go by at 410. Paying someone who gives GOOD customer service $20.00 for sunglasses to combat snow(salt) blindness. Meeting good people from all over the world just coming here to go fast and have fun. Went to the pits, and talked to a man who has been coming for years. He had a big block Camaro . Asked him how fast was he running and he said how many cylinders was his engine. Told him 8 of course/ He said count the sparkplugs. I looked to see if he had some weird dual sparkplug head, nope. Then he said count the sparkplug wires. Had him being mean, but there were only 2, one on each side. He then told me that he blew up his engine Monday, and so it only had 2 good pistons running, and he was having a hugely good time running 34.4xx mph instead of over 200. that's the kind of place this is.

Reply  Post New Thread