View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
cistercian
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaca75 View Post
This is the first thread I've ever joined because its been really informative. I just bought a 1995 Civic Ex Coupe with a 1.6L Vtec engine and 141,xxx miles and I'm looking into how to get better mpg. I haven't done a very accurate reading yet but it looks like I got about 31mpg on my last tank that was probably 90% city driving.

I was wondering if you have added an after market cold air intake system. I was thinking about getting one like the K&N intake system. I heard that it can help. Nonetheless, thanks for this thread! It's awesome!
I use the stock intake system.When it gets cold, I flip the air horn to face the radiator.In hot weather the car loses too much power so I run it stock.
I don't think the Honda has an inadequate intake design...I would spent the money elsewhere.Since I am 49 and wear a tie I can get away with my exhaust system...which is really loud at WOT.It is a ticket getter for a younger driver!
The hotter it is outside, the better my fuel economy gets.I got 46 out of my last tank...and that included some over 5500rpm fun.It was 93 degrees most of the time I was driving.