View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Peakster
Master EcoModder

Red Jeep Patriot - '07 Jeep Patriot
90 day: 25.14 mpg (US)

Beige Ford Ranger - '95 Ford Ranger XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacherville View Post
My wife has a co worker that any time some one comes into work with a newer car, or and ring or cloths, basically anything she needs to match or beat it and shes so far in debt she is now working 2 jobs, her leased car is way over mileage and she has a year lease left, she could not get a loan for the car as she has to much debt.. she has over 30k on credit cards and her house hold income is under 100k
That is so scary. How can someone sleep at night when in such a financial state? And the truth is that people like that aren't hard to find. I bet the credit companies just love her to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGrey View Post
Do these people have any idea how expensive economy cars get when gas shoots up? That's when they all scramble to buy one. Some even put up their sports cars and SUVs up for an even trade! I bought my four banger when nobody wanted one, and as a result, I got it cheap. When gas went through the roof, I picked up my Porsche cheap too, probably traded in by some jerk who couldn't afford to fuel it.
I'm seeing "Trade for fuel efficient car" offers on websites all the time :

Quote:

!!!!SAVE GAS!!!
1989 GMC Suburban SLE, 4x4, 350 v8, fuel injected, dual exhaust, power windows/locks, tilt, cruise, 218,000 kms. Runs excellent! very little rust.
Asking $3400 or trade for fuel efficient car (honda civic, integra etc.)
$3,400?!? Is he crazy?

Last edited by Peakster; 05-13-2008 at 05:55 PM..