View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
pr8head
EcoModding Lurker

Bucephalus - '92 Subaru Loyale
I love my old sub! I had to put two belts last winter to run the PS pump or it squeled like a pig. But if I can remove the pump that would be even better.

My idle has been a royal pain in the arse! I've got it somewhat tamed but it has been a fight. When I bought the car it idled at about 500 rpm and would not keep alt charging that slow. So I tried to speed it up to about 800 rpm. The factory adjustment screw had (and still has) no effect on the idle speed. Then (BAD IDEA AHEAD) I saw the screw on the throttle rod and adjusted it . It worked great for about a week and then went south. Thats when I found out thats the NEVER TOUCH screw (TO LATE). I bought a throttle body from the junkyard that nobody had touch the evil screw on and rebuilt it. That did help after some tweaking but was not a cure. My mileage went from an average 180 miles at half a tank to 120 miles. Also my egr soleniod is bad and I can't get rid of it code 34. I tried the resistor idea and it did nothing so I bought a new dead soleniod which only helped the weight of my wallet lol.

Sorry if I strayed off subject to far.