Thread: Hi from Texas!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
I guess it's been awhile since I floated the Comal . . four innertubes per three men, and money riding on who could jump from shore onto said inflated truck tire innard with a full cup of beer in each hand. And spill none. No such thing as enough beer.

Sinking the cans was so last year (to use today's parlance) and we ran out, so this year (a long ago year) a pony keg was fitted up to a huge innertube. Still ran out . . . .

You missed the good ol' days, Canuck. Before the Yank and Mex invasion. Legal to drink and drive . . so long as you weren't drunk. No other traffic on the roads for the hot, sunburned and perennially dangerous after one of those immortal afternoons from youth.

Today we apparently navigate from Starbucks to Starbucks up and down I-35. Avoid it if you can. Always use US-281. Or TX-16 for your north-south perambulations. Enchanted Rock. The Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, and the Koffee Kup in Hico. Too many on the roads today, but you'll find the good ones to practice a bit of hyper-miling (a different definition to that term from the Hunter S. Thompson era, traces of Kerouac redolent).

Welcome.

Last edited by slowmover; 08-18-2011 at 08:05 PM..