Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
I guess it's been awhile since I floated the Comal . . four innertubes per three men, and money riding on who could jump from shore onto said inflated truck tire innard with a full cup of beer in each hand. And spill none. No such thing as enough beer.

Sinking the cans was so last year (to use today's parlance) and we ran out, so this year (a long ago year) a pony keg was fitted up to a huge innertube. Still ran out . . . .

You missed the good ol' days, Canuck. Before the Yank and Mex invasion. Legal to drink and drive . . so long as you weren't drunk. No other traffic on the roads for the hot, sunburned and perennially dangerous after one of those immortal afternoons from youth.

Today we apparently navigate from Starbucks to Starbucks up and down I-35. Avoid it if you can. Always use US-281. Or TX-16 for your north-south perambulations. Enchanted Rock. The Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, and the Koffee Kup in Hico. Too many on the roads today, but you'll find the good ones to practice a bit of hyper-miling (a different definition to that term from the Hunter S. Thompson era, traces of Kerouac redolent).

Welcome.

Last edited by slowmover; 08-18-2011 at 08:05 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

B2000 - '86 Mazda B2000 Base?
90 day: 21.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
our family owned land in txas since before it was a State. Just south of Dallas on highway 76....south of Desoto.

I found you comment halarious!!!!!

I left Tx 23 yrs ago but will be back in the north Texas area OR in Boerne by Dec 2012.

N B is beautiful!!

Have you do the water park???
I stated at a little bed & breakfast downtown a couple of yrs ago. The is a backery downtown that is to DIE FOR!!!!!!!
If you haven't been there, the Peach Tree restaurant in Boerne is a little she-she, but the food is good and the buns are great - they have cheese in them!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

B2000 - '86 Mazda B2000 Base?
90 day: 21.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
I guess it's been awhile since I floated the Comal . . four innertubes per three men, and money riding on who could jump from shore onto said inflated truck tire innard with a full cup of beer in each hand. And spill none. No such thing as enough beer.

Sinking the cans was so last year (to use today's parlance) and we ran out, so this year (a long ago year) a pony keg was fitted up to a huge innertube. Still ran out . . . .

You missed the good ol' days, Canuck. Before the Yank and Mex invasion. Legal to drink and drive . . so long as you weren't drunk. No other traffic on the roads for the hot, sunburned and perennially dangerous after one of those immortal afternoons from youth.

Today we apparently navigate from Starbucks to Starbucks up and down I-35. Avoid it if you can. Always use US-281. Or TX-16 for your north-south perambulations. Enchanted Rock. The Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, and the Koffee Kup in Hico. Too many on the roads today, but you'll find the good ones to practice a bit of hyper-miling (a different definition to that term from the Hunter S. Thompson era, traces of Kerouac redolent).

Welcome.

It gets good and busy on the Comal now - they have new cooler rules for the river - size limits, no styrofoam, no glass etc. Makes sense if we want to have it stay nice, but folks still manage to make a mess of things there every weekend. Lots to see though 8-D
Old 08-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
I lived in SA for 5 yrs in the 80s, the ended up in norcal the last 22.
My college roommate retired to B and I have been there about 10 times.....I really like it.

THe is a GREAT little mexican food place....CHEAP....on the way uot of town heading north, right before that defunct L shaped strip center on the left.

ECO MODS PERFORMED:
First: ScangaugeII
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eii-23306.html

Second: Grille Block
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...e-10912-2.html

Third: Full underbelly pan
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...q45-11402.html

Fourth: rear skirts and 30.4mpg on trip!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post247938
Reply  Post New Thread