Thread: 1L Car
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 04:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
LostCause
Liberti

Thunderbird - '96 Ford Thunderbird
90 day: 27.75 mpg (US)
Small cars are not inherently unsafe...they only become unsafe when you get flying behemoths more concerned about "time = money" then the poor sucker in the clown car.

I think altruism is a more noble end than material wealth. While efficiency may not be the ideal end, I think it is an integral component of an altruistic lifestyle. Dante didn't make gluttony a level of hell arbitrarily, Jesus isn't portrayed as a carpenter's son randomly, and Buddha didn't leave material wealth to follow the "middle way" for the hell of it...

Maybe I'm unique here, but I don't see the swarms of flying cars and the total absence of nature characteristic of Back to the Future, the Jetsons, and Star Wars appealing. George only worked a few hours a week and still complained about work...the "ends" you are chasing is your own tail.

Sorry if I sound rude, but I don't see the need for a 3500lb vehicle to transport a 160lb payload...wastefulness is wastefulness. Maybe my altruism will die with age, but being young and ignorant causes it to burn hot.

- LostCause