View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #38 (permalink)
Pendragon
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGB=MPG View Post
Design on that top Oiler is for MMO

i had nitromethne 20% /methanol 70% /castor oil 10% ..in it

i considered putting some acetone in the mix but flash point on acetone is much too low for my comfort zone

ran about half a jar of that soup pretty quick .. one problem is that that mix is colorless and have trouble making it out in the sight glass ..MMO has color and i cam make it ..

i wanted to run a few tank with straight MMO and became convinced it got gummed up ..just ran 25 miles on a fresh tank of fuel and decided to dismount and flush the jar.

i suppose baseline for this tank is shot since i dumped into the main tank.. several oz. MMO and less than one oz the soup.. into 12 Gal heritage [no ethanol] fuel..

got the top oiler clearly feeding with 2 full turn on the needle valve and noticed my hot idle oil pressure was up by one full increment .. from 2 kg/cm to 3 kg/cm.. humm
2 turns makes it smoke .. i dialed back to 1/4 turn..

after i stop tweaking on the mixture and decide i have baseline intent is to mix up a little soup and run it through..
Acetone is not something to mess around with. It has a flash point of minus something or other F. I would be very surprised if you did not also have fuel vaporization problems in the fuel line before it ever gets to the engine. Not to mention that it is a solvent of who knows what in the fuel system.