View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #5036 (permalink)
ElectricZX2
EcoModding Lurker

ElectricZX2 - '98 Ford ZX2 Cool Coupe
90 day: 140.91 mpg (US)
Quick update on the 1000amp beta unit I've been testing. Has been working great so far, probably around 300 miles or so. Have run it past 80 mph and terrain has been a combination of city and highway miles. throttle is buttery smooth and temps haven't been to close to limit. The highest temp I've seen was 600 units on the raw reference data (don't know what that converts to) which was a 10 mile run on the highway at over 200 motor amps 95 degrees F ambient. Oh and BTW, something was not quite right in the source code because I'm seeing a maximum current of between 550 and 600 amps.
One minor (I hope) issue...under full throttle acceleration on three ocassions, I instantly lost power (like a contractor opened). The first time I actually thought the contactor opened because it happened when I went over a bump and I'm using a 24 volt source for a 36 volt contractor and after losing power I let off the throttle for a few seconds and then I have power again. The third time it happened the road was smooth so I thought maybe it was my circuit breaker...but its a manual reset so I don't think that could be...could I have hit a limit of some sort? Maybe my throttle pot resistance went too high? Its a Curtis and I think I've measures 5.2 kohms max....
The Following User Says Thank You to ElectricZX2 For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-07-2011)