View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 03:44 AM   #5037 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Hi ElectricZ2K! Sorry I haven't updated the software. My computer had a catastrophic crash, and my harddrive/motherboard is no more, so I got a new harddrive/motherboard, but the funny thing about that is, the data doesn't magically come back just because the computer works again. hahaha. Sooooo, that's been the delay on updating your software. I'm almost certain the current sensor had a spuratic bad read that caused the cuttign out. It sounds like it's a little less robust than the LEM, so I think a little error checking is needed there. To get the stuipd thing to compile again, I need to redownload Linux and make another dual boot, but I don't remember how I got all that crap set up last time, since it took Fran like 3-4 hours of walking me through
"lwerj -2 -3 -w-r-w"
and other such intuitive linux commands.

It wasn't the best time for me to lose everything. I did have carbonite, but that only saved some stuff that was on the windows version, and not the linux version. oh happy day.

I really really really need to get things ported over to AVR Studio. Hmm... Hey! Georgia Tech! Yes, it is most definitely money. hahaha. Sabrina told me that we can take some money out soon (she's in charge of the bills) to order the boards. I think it will work well, but I do have some questions:

Does anyone know how layout affects an RC snubber? Like if the R in the RC is sitting vertically on the board, is that too much leg that the current must go through for it to be effective?