View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #373 (permalink)
endurance
Master EcoModder

RSX2fast4mpg - '02 Acura RSX Type S
90 day: 38.22 mpg (US)

bubbatrucker - '98 Chevrolet K1500
90 day: 18.1 mpg (US)
I just got a new personal best on the Acura: 42.27mpg! Probably a couple factors contributed, including a can of BG44k to clean out the injectors and valves. Much better bottom end the entire tank because I lost my low end misfire I'd been dealing with for the last 2000 miles. Also, I had a class up in Estes Park, which meant a good mountain highway drive. Big Thompson Canyon was absolutely perfect. Tame enough to average 24-27mpg on the drive up the canyon, yet enough of a descent that I probably only needed to restart my car about six times on the descent for just a few seconds or a minute at a time to maintain 30-50mph (I pulled over several times to let traffic by, but I was also coming down canyon at night on this tank, which meant very light traffic).

I'm not likely to beat this tank without some serious work on empty roads. I'm quite pleased considering that this time last year I thought 30mpg was a good tank. I'm coming up on my one year anniversary at ecomodder and I've managed to bring my overall average over 38 and my 90 day is up to 39.5. The next couple tanks could see a 90 day over 40, which would make me quite happy.